What are we learning about this term?
Our topic is Animals – Where in the world are the animals?
*English: News writing, life cycle drawing and labelling, persuasive writing, story writing, discussion, descriptive writing, poetry writing, riddle writing, leaflet making and book review writing.
* Mathematics: Place value within 100, multiplication, division, position and direction, weight and volume.
*Science: Learn the six animal classes and their unique characteristics – mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians and arthropods; habitats, micro-habitats, food chains and a bug hunt.
* Geography: Locate endangered animals on a world map. Learn about animal habitats.
* Religious Education: Learn about Jewish festivals.
*Art: Painting - studying the work of Vincent Van Gogh and craft making.
*Music: Listen to ‘The Carnival of the Animals’ by Saint-Saens.
* Personal, Social, and Health Education: Jigsaw scheme ‘Relationships’.
* Physical Education: Games activities.
*Design and Technology: Design and make a 3D animal mask.
*Computing: Keyboard skills, design and drawing skills.
Please could your child bring in Animal themed books, pictures, posters and models to share and talk about?