I hope you all had a restful week off. I must start by apologising for the lack of the Week 6 blog - this was due to moving house and having no internet up until now - but we're back up and running!
We have had a busy week: calculating area and perimeter of squares, rectangles, triangles and compound shapes; designing and making our Maya headdresses; understanding a Mayan myth, which we will be using to create our own; trying our hand at a game of Pok-ta-Pok; and introducing our new science topic of Evolution and Inheritance.
Just a few reminders for the upcoming weeks...
1) We are participating in a tree planting project on Monday, so please remember your wellies!
2) There will be Year 6 booster after school this Monday.
3) World Book Day on Thursday... make sure you have those costumes ready!
4) Dance Their Socks Off costumes in for Friday, please. A bright, plain shirt would be great and comfy trousers (no jeans, as they won't be the best to move around in!).
5) Monday 11th - we have our rehearsal for DTSO during the day, so again, please make sure your costumes stay in school. Show will be in the evening. Please meet at the Playhouse at 5.30. (THERE WILL BE NO YEAR 6 BOOSTER ON THIS DAY!)
Have a good weekend... back to my fence for some painting!
Keep Right On