What are we learning about this term?
Our topic is Plant Life – ‘What can we grow?’
* English: News writing, discussion, instruction writing on how to grow a bean, diary writing, story writing, letter writing and poetry reciting.
* Maths: Money - addition and subtraction, number and place value to 100, 2D and 3D shape, fractions, time, addition and subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Science: Labelling parts of a plant; identifying and naming a variety of common wild and garden plants, including deciduous and evergreen trees; observing and describing how seeds and bulbs grow; finding out what plants need to survive; planting and growing beans, flowers and vegetables.
* Geography: Looking at a range of fruit and vegetables, finding out where they were grown and marking locations on a map.
* Religious Education: Judaism - Learn about Shabbat and Creation.
* Art: Natural collages based on the work of Andy Goldsworthy and paintings based on the work of Vincent Van Gogh.
* Music: Learning and singing songs with expression. Selecting instruments and combining sounds for a class composition.
* Personal, Social, and Health Education: Jigsaw scheme of work – Changing Me.
* Physical Education: Games activities.
* Design and Technology: Making a garden in a box.
* Computing: Algorithms and keyboard skills.
Please could your child bring in plant books, pictures, posters and cactus to share and talk about.
Thank you very much.