PSHE & RSE
At Blagdon Primary School, we teach Personal, Social, Health Education as a whole-school approach to underpin children’s development as people and because we believe that this also supports their learning capacity.
The Jigsaw Programme offers us a comprehensive, carefully thought-through Scheme of Work which brings consistency and progression to our children’s learning in this vital curriculum area.
- Jigsaw supports teachers to champion children and young people.
- A whole-school approach programme with weekly lesson plans.
- Jigsaw provides all teaching resources, helping teachers confidently teach a well-being curriculum.
- Jigsaw PSHE perfectly connects the pieces of Personal, Social, Health and Well-Being Education.
- The programme teaches children and young people emotional literacy, social- and lifelong skills, RSE/RSHE and resilience in an age-appropriate manner.
The overviews of each year groups units can be found below.
Our Jigsaw lead in school is Mrs Kerrie Burnell. If you would like to discuss any of the units in more detail or ask any questions about our scheme, please contact us.