2021 - 2022 Term Dates
- Term 1: Thursday 02 September 2021 to Friday 22 October 2021
- Term 2: Monday 01 November 2021 to Friday 17 December 2021
- Term 3: Tuesday 04 January 2022 to Friday 18 February 2022
- Term 4: Monday 28 February 2022 to Friday 08 April 2022
- Term 5: Monday 25 April 2022 to Friday 27 May 2022
- Term 6: Monday 06 June 2022 to Thursday 21 July 2022 *
* (Friday 22nd July 2022 is a non-school day in lieu of the Queen's Jubilee Bank Holiday on 2nd June 2022)
2021 - 2022 Inset Days
- Thursday 02 September 2021
- Friday 03 September 2021
- Monday 01 November 2021
- Tuesday 04 January 2022
- Friday 27 May 2022
2022 - 2023 Term Dates
- Term 1: Thursday 01 September 2022 to Friday 21 October 2022
- Term 2: Monday 31 October 2022 to Friday 16 December 2022
- Term 3: Tuesday 03 January 2023 to Friday 10 February 2023
- Term 4: Monday 20 February 2023 to Friday 31 March 2023
- Term 5: Monday 17 April 2023 to Friday 26 May 2023
- Term 6: Monday 05 June 2023 to Friday 21 July 2023
2022 - 2023 Inset Days
- Thursday 01 September 2022
- Friday 02 September 2022
- Monday 31 October 2022
- Tuesday 03 January 2023
- Monday 05 June 2023
Please let us know if your child is unable to attend school due to illness or if they are going to be late. Whenever your child is absent from school, please let us know the reason via ParentMail, email firstname.lastname@example.org or by leaving a message on our Absence Line 01761 462416 option 2.
If a child is absent and we receive no explanation for their absence by 9.30am, we will phone to ascertain why they are not at school.
We are required by law to count any unexplained absences as unauthorised. A record is kept of a child’s attendance, including all absences, and is included in our annual report to parents. Figures for the whole school are reported to the Department of Education and Local Authority.
If a child is registered at school, parents have the legal responsibility for ensuring that their child attends regularly.
Medical Appointments (doctors, hospital, dentist etc.): Please inform us if your child has an appointment - parents are asked that wherever possible they remove their child from school for the minimum amount of time or make an appointment out of school hours or in the holidays.
Lateness: The registers close at 9.30am; children arriving after this time will be entered as late in the register, this is counted as an unauthorised absence. All children arriving late should report to the School Office.
Absence without explanation or authorisation: This will be classed as unauthorised absence and recorded in the register as such. Unauthorised absence could lead to the Local Authority issuing a penalty notice.
Requests For Absence/Holiday’s During Term Time: The Headteacher may only authorise leave of absence in exceptional circumstances and will require evidence to validate any request. Term time holidays should not be booked, as they are likely to be unauthorised and could lead to the issuing of a fine by the Local Authority. Parents wishing to request leave of absence should collect a request form from the office and submit to the Headteacher for approval. An appointment can be made should you wish to discuss absence requests with the Headteacher - please contact the School Office for availability.
Penalty Notices/Fines Penalty Notices: are issued by the local authority and require each parent of a child of compulsory school age, whose attendance has been unsatisfactory, to pay a penalty, currently £60.00 if paid within 21 days or £120.00 if paid within 28 days. If the Penalty Notice is not paid, the case is automatically summonsed to appear in Court. Courts have a wider range of sentencing options, which could include a maximum fine of up to £1000.
We celebrate 100% Attendance at the end of year Assemblies.
If you require any attendance advice, please ask at the office, we will be delighted to help. Please read our Attendance Policy for full details.